Vegetarian Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
SERVES 4 – 6
1 cup potato, diced
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup chopped carrot
1/3 cup melted Soy Margarine
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups Pacific Natural Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
1 cup Plain Soy Creamer
1 – 1½ teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 package Quorn Chicken Tenders (16 oz) (Vegetarian. This can be eliminated to make this recipe vegan)
2 pie crusts (either vegan store bought or your own recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Saute onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in vegan butter for 10 minutes.
- Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well. Cook one minute stirring constantly.
- Combine vegetable broth and soy creamer
- Gradually stir into vegetable mixture
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly
- Stir in salt and pepper; add veggie chicken and stir well
- Pour into two 9 inch pie tins and top with phyllo dough, brushing veggie butter between layers.
- Cut slits in crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.